1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rate my Fantasy Football Draft

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No. It's IJAG's league, and that was the draft time. Likely because it was still summer before all of us had to start doing tab/preview work.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I like that, not taking running backs just because you're supposed to. Smith and Johnson are much more sure things than, say, Willie Parker or any other back like that who might have to share time. And with McNabb?

I might still be bitter about writing an essay for nada, but you're off to a great start.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh thanks. ;D

I hope you're not just saying that because I once expressed an odd desire to take free land the government is giving out in the middle of Kansas and build myself a vacation home.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Had no clue about that, but I think you might be the first person to ever express wanting to build a vacation home in the middle of Kansas while not at gunpoint.

6. Fifth year in my keeper league, we start 1 RB and 1 flex, and my RBs are: Edge, Steven Jackson, Dom Davis, LenDale White, JJ Arrington.

Do I have enough depth? What's the outlook on Davis and White for this season?

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just picked up Lundy, Reggie Brown, and Keenan McCardell.

Draft got a little better.

Still need lots of help.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Domanick Davis is one of those guys I'd never take until the 20th round, and then I'd never play him unless there was no other choice.

Of course, one year I had to start Lamar Gordon. What a wonderful week that was.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I once won a league in which my starting rotation consisted of Blair Thomas, Dalton Hilliard and Leroy Hoard.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Was Wayne Rooney or Jens Lehman available?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

What, Marion Butts was already taken?

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Actually, he was one of my top picks the next year, along with Ricky Ervins. God, I've been playing fantasy football a loooong time.

Draft saved Draft deleted