1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rate my Fantasy Football Draft

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I honestly can say I have both DeAngelo Williams and T.J. Duckett on one of my fantasy teams. But both were late-round fliers. I mean, damn. Williams in the fifth round? Did you forget about DeShaun Foster?

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

taken.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

If you were going to take a QB first, and I'm assuming Manning was gone, why not take Brady or Palmer or Hasselbeck? Someone you can count on to not flake out. Culpepper had great years in 2000 and 2004, but he's sucked in between, not to mention he's coming off a serious midseason knee injury.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[​IMG]

He's got a great team ...
    For me to poop on.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow, folks, give the guy a break. You've never had a bad draft? Especially picking SIXFUCKINGTEENTH in a 16-team league? Good God. That's awful. Here are the first 16 players taken today in the NIAFL draft:

Alexander
    Tomlinson
    Peyton Manning
    Larry Johnson
    Barber
    Brady
    Rudi Johnson
    Steve Smith
    Ronnie Brown
    Portis
    James
    McGahee
    Carnell Williams
    Jordan
    Palmer
    Steven Jackson

OK, maybe Chef could have done better, but if I was picking 16th in a 16-team league, I might kill myself before my first pick.

I also wanted to kill myself in 2001, the year I managed to blow more than half my budget drafting Tyrone Wheatley, Warrick Dunn, Charlie Garner, Travis Henry and some other shitty RB. Yikes. Lousy drafts happen. And it's football, so it's all fucking luck. Maybe he gets a weak schedule, maybe a couple of those reaches end up doing well and he goes 8-6. Stranger things have happened.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Go back to the baseball thread.

7. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

WTF is up with Larry Johnson going behind Peyton Manning?

And Chef, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but your team is toilet.

Mine, on the other hand, is destined for greatness.

QBs: Warner, Brees, Brunell
    RBs: Alexander, R. Johnson, T. Jones, D. Williams
    WRs: Boldin, Chambers, Driver, Mark Clayton, Booker
    TE: Cooley, Troupe

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I have Manning as fourth overall, but given the value of sure-thing RBs, LJ, LT and Alexander have to be the top three in any league (Hi, spup).

Walter,
    I was trying to rank Warner as high as most magazines, but he's never gonna be the same QB he was with the Rams. He's got the weapons, but I'm scared off by his injury history the last four years. I'd be worried if I had to count on him. By the way, where'd you get Alexander -- 1, 2 or 3?

9. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Alexander and Rudi were keepers... We drafted 11th of 12 and got Boldin first and Chambers on the way back.

We actually drafted Warner in the 7th round (5th round after keepers)... after we took Brees. I think we'll be able to ride him until his inevitable breakdown, and then Brees, hopefully, will be serviceable enough after that.

It's a team co-managed between myself and my buddy, because the entry fee is close to $300.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Damn. What's the winner take home?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I got Warner for $6 in one of my auction leagues. I was quite pleased.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

this is a joke right? no one's this stupid...

I call BS

Draft saved Draft deleted