1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rare whiff by ESPN ombud

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hankschu, Aug 17, 2008.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

If another city will pay for a stadium, that sounds like shrewd business to me. If the city leaders thought their patrons would go ape shit if they let their team leave, they'd pony up. It supports my theory on the passion level not being as high. I'm not saying the city should have paid for the stadiums, but you wouldn't see Philly, NY or Boston officials allowing current teams to leave.

It's a fun argument, no matter how far we stray from the original topic.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

On the ESPN scroll this morning, they included the AAA results for one of those POS Yankee pitchers who only spnited would care about.

Besides ESPN's hometown team, the Red Sox, do you think ESPN is carrying the AAA results on the scroll for any of the 28 other teams?

3. vandelay

vandelay New Member

Do you deny that more people care about POS Yankee pitchers than POS Anaheim pitchers?

It may not be right but I can understand why they do it. I'm always surprised that people get upset about it, it really doesn't seem different from how ESPN does anything else.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I agree with this. ESPN is what it is at this point. No one should expect anything different. If you want local that badly, watch a regional sports network. I'm betting most of you have one.

5. Has ESPN a different ombudsman now?

It's been nearly two months since her last column.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Oh yeah, well generally, you suck :)

It's easy to talk about passion when the Dodgers are in the NLCS ::)

7. What does that have to do with the NFL situation in L.A.?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Vince Doria finally got her to join the Borg... resistance is futile...

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I thought the argument had been changed. And what NFL situation in LA?

10. Buck was responding to YOUR argument about L.A. trying to get an NFL team.

Are you trying to be stupid?

11. Colton

Colton Active Member

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Attendance figures = passion? If you say so. My point is LA lost teams to Oakland and St. Louis. Both due to stadium issues. And who decides public funding for stadiums? Politicians. And what drives politicians? Getting re-elected. That's still my point.

Draft saved Draft deleted