1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Randy Wolf for sainthood

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jay_christley, Nov 29, 2006.

1. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

AP just moved a story on how wonderful he was to turn down guaranteed money to sign with the hometown Dodgers.

In these days of skyrocketing salaries, Randy Wolf is a rarity. The 30-year-old left-hander passed up more guaranteed money just to return home.
    That being said, the Los Angeles Dodgers took a risk of sorts by signing him.
    "The Dodgers, that's something pretty cool," said Wolf, who grew up in suburban West Hills and appeared in the Los Angeles City Section championship games at Dodger Stadium for El Camino Real High in 1993-94.
    "Everything is a gamble, every time you sign anybody," Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said. "But I'll take a gamble on him anytime."

Which is great until the next paragraph where he's getting $7.5M this year with a $9M team option for next year that is guaranteed if he pitches 180 innings next season.

Excuse me if I'm not moved by his act of generosity.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Re: Randy Wolfe for sainthood

The Wolf ruled.

3. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Re: Randy Wolfe for sainthood

Fixed.
    Carry on.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Shit yeah, negro. That's all you had to say.

5. 17-5 this year.

Write it down

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I think you my be dislexic eivl bsatard

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now pretty please, with sugar on top, shut out the fucking Giants.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Whatever you're drinking, pass it on. Wolf's a great guy and a very good pitcher. I'm certain he'll be helped by moving from Philly's bandbox to LA. But there's NO FUCKING WAY he gets anywhere near 17-5 this year. And you can write that down.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Wolf will be the steal of this off season.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did Wolf ever find that girl he met on the subway in NYC a few years ago?

Apparently he fell in love with a girl he talked to for a few minutes and told every reporter within a 15-state radius about it, hoping to find her.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You mean as in stealing the Dodgers' money?

Draft saved Draft deleted