1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Randy Edsall=douchebag

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Chase, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

As bad as Edsall is, he has some pretty stiff competition to even be the worst college football hire made that year.

[​IMG]

Edited because I realized Edsall and Gill weren't hired the same year. They both should have stayed where they were though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Headbutt just ran to the computer and doesn't know why.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's 53. So after he dog dick's this job I suspect he'll wind up an assistant or a head coach at a MAC-level school.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Johnny, some of us knew about the Todman story after Edsall was hired at Maryland. That was no major surprise.

Sally Jenkins atomic bomb piece on Edsall was pretty good to read.

Maryland AD Kevin Anderson got blood on his hands with how this past season and players bolting left and right has gone.

Somewhere Ralph is laughing and feeling sad for his alma mater. They run him out of town in exchange for a dumpster fire.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I really want O'Brien to file a lawsuit over this and take on the whole NCAA cartel. I'm sure it would be laughed out of court, but I'd at least like to see him try.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's exactly why they do it. Coaches would be actively recruiting kids away from schools.

At one time baseball players could transfer and play right away if the previous school granted them a release. You had kids coming back from summer ball and switching schools to go play for their summer league coach on a regular basis.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He looks like a hypocrite but at least he acknowledged what his regular readers might have been thinking when they read is Edsall take down.

O'Brien would have thrived under Leach.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Would be funny as hell if O'Brien ended up in Pullman.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Edsall sucks and is a phony and a fraud. The fans hate his sorry ass, and other athletes will hate him if they don't already because when revenue plummets next year he'll be to blame. And they've already cut sports. But season tickets are going to fall big time, save for those who buy them just to keep their hoops tickets. More than being a bad football coach, I have few doubts in my mind that Edsall is a bad human being.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This is true, and I could see a valid concern with No. 2.

But at the same time, I don't see a problem with No. 1. Coaches get poached all the time, and no one whines about how the sport will collapse. Put a ban on coaches leaving if they have a contract, or make them only allowed at practices and recruiting and not at games, and that problem would be solved.

Frankly, I'd also like to see this QB get an injunction against the NCAA preventing any school or coach from preventing a transfer to wherever the kid wants to go to.

Draft saved Draft deleted