1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random weekend celebrity sighting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pencil Dick, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Nashville, Saturday night. Staying at the Radisson across the street from the Opryland Hotel (which remains closed from the spring flooding.)

Seven of us seated in the bar area at a nearby bar/restaurant watching South Carolina-Auburn game. And who's seated at the corner table not 10 feet away?

Joyce Dewitt (Janet) and Priscilla Barnes (Terri?) of "Three's Company" fame, along with some stringy guy who later told us he had a key role in "The Devil's Rejects" and is appearing in an animated Johnny Depp film set for release in 2011 called "Rango."

Dewitt was extremely nice. I think we 40somethings were the only ones who recognized the two women, although Barnes was hard to miss with what she was wearing, plus she's about 5-11 in heels.

Apparently Barnes had a role in "The Devil's Rejects" and Dewitt's going to be in the next Rob Zombie film. They were all 3 were in Nashville to appear a horror film fan convention.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How'd they look?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Didn't Dewitt have a cameo on 8 Simple Rules several years back?

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Priscilla Barnes was a patient in the dental office where my wife used to work. She came rushing in one day, late, wearing a bright red, tight, micro-mini-dress and red pumps with 6-inch heels. She was fully made up.
    Receptionist: "Did you just come from an audition?"
    Barnes: "Uh, yeah."
    Laughter.
    Barnes: "When I was running across the street, a guy in a Mercedes convertible slows down and yells at me, '50 bucks.'"
    Silence ......
    The dentist leans out of his office and says: "Hell, I'll give you $75."

My wife said Barnes was one of the nicest, friendliest people that she had met in that office, which had a lot of celebrity clientele.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I must have been mistaken, but I thought it said 'Celebrity sighting' in the title. :)

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I'd take Joyce Dewitt and Priscilla Barnes over Lindsay Lohan every day of the week

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

At the same time, maybe.

No way by themself over Lohan.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Barnes' best work was 'Mallrats.'

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Can I add my random celebrity sighting? Gordon Lightfoot at church this weekend. He's looking good, BTW.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I saw Dwight Eubanks from Real Housewives of Atlanta out at a bar/restaurant one night. I was with a friend of mine, who knows EVERYONE, and he was like 'Hey, Dwight!" and Dwight came over. I was giddy. He had on vibrantly striped pants.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've seen Jimmy Johnson on 'Survivor' the past two weeks.
    Seemed kind of odd.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What the hell does themself mean?

Draft saved Draft deleted