1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

random question about Morgantown, WV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What's a West Virginia virgin?
    A 7-year-old girl who can outrun her 9-year-old brother.

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

And as usual, replace "West Virginia" with "black" or "Jewish" and this thread would have been locked a long time ago.

Not funny. Not original. Not much of anything except bigoted.

To answer the original question, there's as much or more to do in Morgantown as any college town that size. It's had massive growth in the past 10 years or so. Several strip clubs, golf courses (Lakeview), all types of bars and restaurants, pretty much whatever you're looking for. You can find rafting as people have mentioned in Pa. closer than going down to the good spots in W.Va. But there's rock climbing and things like that down there, too. Depends on what kind of bachelor party you want to have.

3. Goddamn right, DOH. :mad:

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't want to live in a country where you can't make fun of West Virginia.

Morgantown is pretty cool.

I'm sure you can find a place to get drunk and act stupid without trying too hard.

5. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

How do you circumcize a West Virginian?

Kick his sister in the teeth. ;D

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

EStreet, Athens is a big party town, so I've been told by OU alums.

Of course, pretty much every college town in BFE is a party town.

It's all relative.

And then there's Penn State:
    "We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools in the party category because we feel it is unfair to rank professionals against amateurs" -- Playboy

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

When I was in school, there were 23 bars on Court Street alone in Athens. What else were you gonna do?

And Wicked, darling, it's not OU anymore. It's Ohio (don't get me started) :p

And isn't DOH the one that made fun of Shottie when one of the Codas died? If that's what comes out of West Virginia, maybe the comments are well-earned.

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

A West Virginia teenager runs up to his father and says, "Paw, can I borrey th' car tonight?"

His father replied, "You can...but you gotta suck mah dick first."

"Aw, Paw, do I have to?"

"Yep...you know the rules. You borrow the car, you give yer daddy a blowjob."

"Dangit, Paw...alright..."

So Junior gets down on his knees and starts sucking his dad's cock. Two slurps into it, he looks up at his father and says, "Dad, why duz yer dick tayste like shit?"

Without flinching, the father says, "Your sister borrowed the car three days ago."

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

On second thought, I do want to live in a country where you can't make fun of West Virginia.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That has to be the worst W.Va. joke I've heard.

11. And now a UT fan weighs in. Yeah, Tennessee is the height of sophistication. ::)

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, someone used darling after my name. Next, I'll hear, "Wicked, cupcake, turn that frown upside down!"

Draft saved Draft deleted