1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Chicken Allergies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Still 15 minutes to kickoff. Still 12 hours to deadline.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Damn straight!

Which bowl?

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I've got a random one. I'm allergic to avocados. Specifically, a protein in the pits of avocados. It's a progressive allergy, meaning the more exposure the worse it gets. Which sucks, because I loooooove guacamole. So what used to cause my lips to tingle a bit now causes my throat to almost swell shut.

And the weird part: the protein in the avocado pits is the same protein found in latex. You know all those kids who can't go around balloons and stuff? It's the same allergy. Also worsens with exposure. So do what you will with the quote function on this one, but I can't be exposed to latex for a long period of time. No Band-Aids, no gloves at the dentist's office, can't ever have one of those Memory Foam mattresses because they're a latex blend.

4. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I'm doing a crossword puzzle, talking on IM, playing on SJ all at the same time, press box foolery be damned. I'm also very interested in this topic of chicken poop farts. So I'll be on this thread as well.

5. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Now that's just awesome.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm wondering aboot the chicken poop, too.

7. Anyone else at the Cotton Bowl?

8. Actually, I am too. Chicken and avocados are my only two, honest. I won't get sick if I eat guac, but my stomach will feel a little funny -- to the point that I know I should stop.

And it has been a strange few days in Dallas.

9. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I would respond to this, but I'm waaaay too busy..."I've got four or five browser windows open and am blogging and taking copious notes."

Oh, and dropping dimes on solitaire-playing hacks on SportsJournalists.com.

Good times.

God bless the Cotton Bowl, by the way. Never have I experienced a bowl with more generous, helpful, graft-giving staff.

10. Grafts? Where can I get one? I want something from Kate. Now. Yesterday.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've heard the Cotton Bowl has hospitality that is unmatched.
    Insight
    Sugar

Top two in my experience. Never done a cotton.
    Gator has decent hospitality and only ONE press availability. Which is a good thing. You have to go to practice and get stuff.

What are the Cotton giveaways? Besides chicken farts?

Draft saved Draft deleted