1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rams' Steven Jackson - HOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rusty Shackleford, Oct 5, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I was just going to post that Rusty had achieved the nearly impossible task of creating unanimity on SportsJournalists.com.

2. I wouldn't say never but it's going to take some work. He might end up being this generation's Floyd Little and get in the same way Little did much later.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He needs about five more seasons about 1200 yards each. If he gets that (which he won't) and adds about 40 touchdowns (which he won't...) he'll have a chance...

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He needs 12,000 yards rushing for his career, which will be very, very tough to get at this point in his career.

5. Mizzougrad96

My guess is that he has maybe two decent seasons left in him and by decent, I mean 1200 yards and seven touchdowns.

6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I would agree to that and the comparison is valid....however, that will be a big uphill battle.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My question is why is this discussion taking place now? Dude's only been in the league since 2004. Very unlike Ward, who's been playing since 1998.

8. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Is it April Fool's Day...

9. dieditor

dieditor Member

As a Rams fan...nofuckingway. And health issues will prevent him from getting closer.

10. Mizzougrad96

The RB HOF debate will get really interesting in the next decade. Martin and Bettis will get in during the next 2-3 years. Then, there are no locks until LaDainian Tomlinson is eligible.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know if Roger Craig's ship has sailed, but the next five years would be a good time for the 49ers to kick up the campaign.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good question. I started that one in response to this one. Initially, I was going to put something ridiculous like "Mike Wallace - HOF?" but I figured I'd start a worthwhile discussion instead.

Draft saved Draft deleted