1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raissman == WRONG, Re Berman YouTube Situation

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Ben_Hecht, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/columnists/raissman

You want to call the guy who's posting these tapes a creep, that's one thing.

You want to call him out because he hasn't confronted Berman directly (maybe he has -- but I doubt it, for the obvious reasons) . . .
    or TAKEN THE PROBLEM DIRECTLY TO ESPN MANAGEMENT . . .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, they're going to listen to some underling about the loutish behavior of a pillar of the local community, given their track record.

Right.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Anyone seen the flirt video Raissman is referring to?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep. It's not an indictible offense, but it is garden-variety middle-aged ogling.

4. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

No sympathy for Boomer. What does he expect to happen when he's in a studio full of cameras.

Reminds me of the Dennis Miller rant on the guy who sued because he got hurt at a Courtney Love concert: "You've in the fucking mosh pit at a Hole concert. What did you expect was going to happen?"

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It was linked here, but I think ESPN had youtube take all of them down. Tiy can still find them on deadspin.

There are a few video clips — nearly nine years old..

How hard is it to get the years right? Berman is sitting behind a graphic saying "30th Anniversary 1970-2000". That was seven years ago last fall.

On the video where Berman is talking about smuggling his drugs across the border, he says that its Christmas time.

Thats a tad over seven years. Not "nearly nine years old".

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

thank you, Raissman, for proving what I saying about you the last time you were a topic of discussion in these parts: Everything's black and white to this guy. He can't possibly understand that sending the tapes to ESPN would only give them time to prepare damage control and/or to work the guy over to get the tapes and pull a Roger Goodell (we didnt want the tapes out there in case Tirico saw them and stole some moves from Berman).

Nor can he understand that sending the tapes there would result in absolutely no punishment to Berman, who could probably admit he was in Aruba calling Natalee Holloway leather and still get off scot-free.

Gack.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not to mention that 74% of his nicknames truly, truly suck.

(A far higher percentage than Ethel's, BTW).

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Keep it up Ben and you'll be next week's dweeb of the week. :D

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

What possible punishment are you referring to? There's nothing on the tapes that warrants any punishment for Berman from ESPN. He flirts, he rants, he calls Al Michaels a fuckhead -- all embarrassing, but not punishable offenses. Whoever put these tapes out didn't do it because he was afraid ESPN would sweep it under the rug or let Berman off scot-free, he did it because he wanted to make Berman look like a douchebag. Mission accomplished.

As for Raissman, what he should have written was that whoever did this may be a low-life for circulating this stuff, but that a TV guy with Berman's experience should have realized that anything he says or does while the cameras are rolling might someday see the light of day.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Can someone link to the flirt or any Al Michaels shot?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've been told there are many more coming...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't read him regularly, but I'm guessing Raissman is in bed with ESPN.

He's essentially suggesting that a cameraman, or more likely, some video editor confront Berman or go to the higher-ups about the guy being an asshole...

Hell, the sexual harassment claims about Tirico are among the worst I've ever heard of in this business, and they did nothing about it. You think ESPN would do anything about Berman acting like a complete jackass...

This is what happens when you piss on the people who are at the bottom of the totem pole...

Revenge can be very sweet...

Draft saved Draft deleted