1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raissman: Writer Got Scoops with Dirty Tricks?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And your heart wouldn't have been broke by the '06 NCAA snub neither.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ohhhhh and I thought we were getting along again.

Go justifiably fuck yourself and pronto. LOL.

3. Moderator1

Hey, I was trying to be nice. A free education and no heartbreak.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ohhhh yeah.

I'm sorry, I'm just a little touchy.

5. Moderator1

Understood. Hell, we're all feeling a little jobbed right now. So much insight *** out there for free.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Uhhh....I've seen Nightengale in action. He's good, but he's also one of the guys who likes to get really cozy with players. So I'm not ruling out the possibility they thought they were talking to Buddy Bob rather than Journalist Bob.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That is the fault but the players. If you're on the record with Buddy Bob, it's still on the record. Never say anything to a reporter you don't want in print, unless you explicitly know it's off the record. Period. I deal mostly with high school kids and coaches, and I cut them some slack.

Gary Sheffield and Jason Giambi? No dice.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

To: All Players

Re: "Off the record" status with journalists

Boys:

If you are communicating (talking, texting, IMing, e-mailing) with anyone who is a "professional journalist," anything and everything you say is on the record, unless and until the journalist specifically and explicitly agrees that it is not.

Please keep this fact in mind should you feel the urge to utter any damaging or embarassing statements.

Thank You.

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

The only thing more outrageous than these guys claiming they were jobbed was when Reggie Smith years ago claimed he was misquoted -- in a LIVE TV interview.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or, when Charles Barkley claimed he was misquoted in his own autobiography. :eek: :eek:

11. lono

lono Active Member

I believe he said, "I misquoted myself." A Hall of Fame moment, for sure.

12. maberger

maberger Member

am i mistaken in remembering that raismann crossed the line during the NYDN strike that almost killed the paper/ and if i am not, does anyone else think, then, it's odd for him to be raising questions of ethics by journalists?

Draft saved Draft deleted