1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raiders press conference

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tagline, Sep 23, 2008.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Hurt dogs yelp the loudest.

2. To second what Mizzou said, the Raiders have the worst media relations staff in the NFL. And it's not close.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'll second what Ragu said. The Raiders don't really have a PR staff, and never had. For years, ``Little Al'' LoCasale was the face at the top of the team's page in the Black Book, but I'm not sure anyone really knew what his job title was -- maybe Big Al's Henchman? But working with the media was not a priority, and still isn't.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And geez... someone tell PR guy to tuck his shirt in... that annoyed the hell out of me watching that

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I think Al LoCasale's unofficial title was something like Executive Assistant. That team will be a mess until Al Davis goes off to the Super Bowl in the Sky (or possibly, the Underground Super Bowl).

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Both would be awful to cover for a lot of different reasons. The Raiders have the worst PR staff in the NFL, but the Redskins are probably the least writer-friendly.

You know it's scary when Belichick is running a distant third.

And while the Raiders are the worst, the Texans are the best. You gotta love a NFL team that will do anything for coverage.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Sorry Mizzou, I couldn't decide if the blue font would work with a link. I was with you.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I like that the PR guy was so specific. "Nothing was handed out in this room." Like three times.

So you gave it to them as they went in or came out. Fair enough.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I was born in Oakland and I remember how much fun it was to go to Raider games as a teenager. It was a virtual lovefest. No fights in the stands, etc. How said that this once proud organization has been reduced to crap.

Not defending Herrera, who comes off looking like a bully, but I wonder if it was a good idea for Kawakami to grab his arm even in a friendly manner. That sort of thing usually sets off someone. I'm not downing Kawakami's work. He is excellent.

Draft saved Draft deleted