1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rage Against the Machine are back

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tyler durden 71351, Jan 22, 2007.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

They're playing Coachella...
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-coachella22jan22,1,6747076.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews

With RATM reuniting, the Smashing Pumpkins working on a new album, Courtney Love planning a comeback, a Kurt Coban biopic in the works, it looks like 1990s nostalgia is starting to kick in.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Soul Assylum had a new album out last year, the Gin Blossoms are touring, and Collective Soul never died. Viva la 90's!!!

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So what's becoming of Audioslave?

4. tyler durden 71351

Chris Cornell is working on a solo album. For a while, the rumor was that Zach de la Rocha told the band, "I wanna get out of the music biz for a couple of years....y'all go do something without me." That's why Audioslave was formed. Now that Rage is reuniting, and that Zach de la Rocha solo album never came out, it looks like there might have been something to this.

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Isn't the proper phrase "Rage Against the Machine is back?

6. tyler durden 71351

Maybe. I'm off the clock, kind of bummed out about the Saints loss and transcribing interview tapes at 1 a.m., so I'm not operating at a high level.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This thread just made my night. That fires me up that they are back together. Are they just doing a show, a la Pink Floyd? Or are they going to produce some new albums? I always figured they would have a field day with the present Commander in Chief.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

How long before one of these bands goes all Heartland Records generic-catalog-songs on us?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Same here. And will play play in protest outside the Republican and Democratic national conventions? Damn, I've missed them.

10. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

In the Queen's English, Rage Against the Machine ARE indeed back. That said, I'd still like to know what became of the project with Chuck D. and Rage's rhythm section.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

In light of this thread, these videos bear viewing:

This song is one of the reasons we need RAGE back, shit, fuck, send a fucking message to the White House:

I know this is just a one time thing, but what needs to happen for RAGE to get back together?

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No more Audioslave? :'( :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted