1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radio Row at the Super Bowl: The worst week in sports talk radio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hearing all this players try to describe what G is has been the highlight of the radio week.

I don't know about everyone else but I am looking forward to Sunday when the winning coach gets "G" dumped on his head.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'd take up an endorsement collection for the winning coach to stagger around screaming "My eyes, this stuff...I can't see!" right after the G dump. He'd never work again, but he would be immortal.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think if you drop the double ee that you could be the immortal Michael G.

4. micke77

micke77 Member

i am just happy to finally know what "G" really means.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Knew from the start the players weren't talking about the G spot, but still . . .

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Which raises the question - does Jerry Rice need the money so bad he's scared of being penalized by G for not mentioning their product in a spot? Or better, what kind of muscle is behind G?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nasty Nestor looks like he needs a good asskicking...

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . long among the most-unlistenable of the unlistenable . . . hostility for hostility's sake . . . not to mention a voice NOT made for radio . . .

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Unavailable for comment.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Nasty Nestor and Gordon Keith in a fight is akin to a bout between Chris Crocker and Ross from the Leno Show.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

He also represents everything that is wrong with talk radio -- but hopefully the tide seems to be turning and these kinds of loud mouth assholes are becoming a dying breed.

I don't mind entertainment, but these douche bags who spend their entire show shamelessly self promoting and doing so at the top of their lungs is not entertaining. Every market has one, but one by one they seem to be going away.

Unfortunately, the other horrible kind of talk show host -- the ridiculous name dropper like Dan Patrick -- seems to be here to stay.

Draft saved Draft deleted