1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism by Media on China Sickening Plus Racial Slur by KNBR sports host Tom Tol

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blog415, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh ... but I can.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Crazy bunch'a honkies over there.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I believe he does as well, Flash. Isn't he married to Zach Thomas' sister, or Thomas' sister's wife? Something like that?

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Re: Racism by Media on China Sickening Plus Racial Slur by KNBR sports host Tom

Now, are you sure it wasn't this broadcaster named Tom?

[​IMG]

After all, Tom Tucker once reported that calling every Asian man you meet "Chung King" can land an anchorman in hot water.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I laughed like hell at this.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Thomas' sister.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Chinese can be as racist as anyone (See black people and Mongols not allowed in bars), the original poster is confusing racism with xenophobia.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

The problem is that people are treating the Chinese as if they were some alien life form. They are human beings who live in a completely different culture than what many who have posted are accustomed to. Of course it's strange, their customs and attitudes. I'm sure they are looking at Americans and others as strange too. This world was made for all people and that's what the Olympics are supposed to be about, embracing humanity.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Oppression of their own people and of Western journalists do not qualify as charming cultural differences. They are fundamental flaws and worthy of prominent mention when China asks for the spotlight.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sing it, Woody Guthrie.

Are you new? The Olympics are about embracing humanity? Yeah, and all of those billions of dollars that change hands every year are just incidental to the spreading of that message, right?

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't they have a lovely word for us? Gy-jing or something like that?

Draft saved Draft deleted