1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rachel Marsden - Media Superstar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Had a thread about her a few days ago.
    http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/11/01/cafferty-debates-with-a-man-stalker-named-rachel-mardsen-waterboarding-is-swim-lesson/

Thanks, CNN. Nice vetting.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As long as I get a CIA-sponsored sno-cone when we're done, I'm in!

Is it can be adult swim time in Washington now pleez?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

I prefer Jason Marsden, the ABC sitcom whore.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe she can have a sponsored swim lesson too

5. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

My god...how do people like Marsden not make your (the rhetorical use, not at anyone specific) skin crawl? Gotta love CNN trying so hard to prove it's unbias by giving a platform to every conservative talking head not employed by FOX. Or in Marsden's case, fired by FOX.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I can't be surprised anymore by who shows up on CNN. Dobbs has a regular carousel of nuts, and Paula Zahn's had that damned white supremacist James Edwards on her show three or four times...

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yet another example of the media willingly being pulled rightward to the point that the "center" isn't remotely centered anymore.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Seriously, who are the left-wing equivalents of Marsden, Coulter, Hannity, etc., who are prominently featured in the mainstream media? Eric Alterman used to qualify, IMO, but he was pushed out to the margins.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Some would say Michael Moore, Al Franken, Sean Penn, etc.

10. Some would say that, but then some would have to answer the question, "When was the last time any of those three was on CNN, talking about the issues?" Or, "Why compare people who have actually accomplished something with their lives to a woman whose only tangible skill is Being Crazy On Teevee?"

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think you are off base, Fenian. After reading the story, I'd say she's attractive, persistent and unpredictable.

What's not to like?

12. Kit Hoover was all of those things and she's not on TV either.

Draft saved Draft deleted