1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rachael Ray: The album! The ringtones!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

No, she's not singing

http://www.etonline.com/tv/news/37184/

The label has announced that it will release a series of soundtracks with songs handpicked by Ray.

"I'm thrilled to partner with Epic ... Epic is iconic!" Rachael says. "We've created soundtracks that I would listen to or play at a party, starting off with my picks for Christmas and a funky mix for kids. I start singing holiday songs on Thanksgiving weekend -- that's when my tree goes up as well -- and, the kids' CD is filled with music that both kids and parents might enjoy."

The first two soundtrack releases are slated for next month. How Cool Is That Christmas CD hits music stores on October 10, while Rachael Ray's Too Cool For School Mixtape for Kids will be available on October 31. Other titles will be introduced in 2007.

Through the Epic deal, Rachael has also created unique cellular voicetones -- ringtones featuring messages from Rachael -- to all major U.S. carriers.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Further signs of the end of civilisation as we know it.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I wonder what the school yard punishment is for gettign caught with this in your locker is?

Wait a minute, do kids even have discmen any more, or even use CDs? I guess they could disguise it some how by just ripping the songs on to their iPod. Wat are the songs on that disc anyways, I need to know how much shame I should feel.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

From our friends at Google (and how exactly did anyone get their job done before the internet, anyway?)

linkage

1. Woo-Hoo
    2. Be Gentle with Me
    3. Blackbird
    4. Coconut
    5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
    6. The Dog Song
    7. Shake Sugaree
    8. Rocky Raccoon
    9. Lil' Red Riding Hood
    10. Banana Boat Song (Day-O)
    11. Joining A Fan Club
    12. Mercedes Benz

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well at least they're not targetting high school kids, you know, the ones with a disposable income that will buy crap like that.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

She is going to go from the cool chick you want to hang with (as long as you dont have to listen) to Dr. Phil in like three weeks.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

No one loves Rachael on this board more than me. No one.

The hyperactivity? Love it.
    Not a size zero? Beautiful.
    Can cook, drink beer and watch sports? Marry me.

But sweetheart? You're turning into some kind of hybrid Oprah-Rosie monster. I mean, an album of songs you selected? That's right up Rosie's alley.

Please stop. Seriously. You're killing me.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Good attitude by her in the October issue of Esquire:

http://esquire.mondosearch.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&EXTRA_ARG=GO.X%3D13%00%26GO.Y%3D10&CFGNAME=MssFind.cfg&host_id=42&page_id=268&query=rachel%20ray&hiword=rachel%20ray%20

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm going to have trouble getting to sleep tonight.

10. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I could look at her anytime but please, girl, turn down the volume. That raspy whine is a killer.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Good stuff.
    Better still, our pal Chris Jones has his "Best Bar in America" story in the issue:

http://www.esquire.com/features/articles/2006/060906_mfe_October_06_Best_Bar.html

12. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

No mention of her new show? Am I the only one who watches?

(Just kidding. I don't really.)

Draft saved Draft deleted