1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. N-Word

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm confused. What N word did the NAACP bury? National?

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Central Illie, the definition of a liberal can be about 80 percent defined by the responses to me.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You're such a tragic victim too.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I know. I weep hysterically. ::)

5. Flying Headbutt

I don't know how you manage with so many liberal scourges around here to torment you. Even the other conservatives here are really liberals in sheep's clothing apparently.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I can definitely live without hearing the N word again, but I think it will be rising from the dead soon enough.

7. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

It might, for instance, be resurrected as a signifyer, or to mock racism.

But we'll get the appropriate outrage from (suddenly victimized white) folks. You know, the people who won't admit the existence of a figurative aspect to language systems, or don't use irony, sarcasm, metaphor, hyperbole, simile, etc.

Because if the Klu Klux Klan uses it, and Mos Def uses it, it MEANS the same thing.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Sheep all right. If you're trying to masquerade as a conservative, I'd like one instance where you told FenPhen he was a foof.

9. Flying Headbutt

I never said I was a conservative per se, but you won't find me siding with the president on any of this illegal immigration amnesty either.

Of course, when you called Mighty Wingman a liberal the other day, I had to shake the cobwebs out, being that he's one of the more honest conservatives you can come across.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Newfoundland. Maybe, just maybe.....someday, the NAACP will get over its hatred of Canuckistanis.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Now if you want to talk amnesty and immigration, I'm game. I said I was a conservative, not a corporate slime. And if there were less corporate slime manipulating the lobbies of D.C., this immigration problem would be a non-issue.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Assigning oneself the tag of "conservative" or "liberal" without delimiters makes one a caricature.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.