1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. Mets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 28, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

May as well get this over with. :D :D :D (and yes, I know there is a thread about Pedro's season-ending injury, and no, this is not gloating over Pedro's injury)

Goodbye Mets. It was a nice season for a franchise that can't normally put one foot in front of the other, but your (NLDS/NLCS) loss just proves what most people have known all year long: That you were the least weak team in an historically awful National League.

Goodbye frauds. Enjoy the winter!!!!

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

LOL, easy to say frauds now but I think you are rigth.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This can wait until next week. You should really shovel dirt on the Cardinals first.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Screw that dude.

I'm still mad at myself for not starting this last night, as I was tempted to do.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What? Did you not watch what happened last night?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've been saying it since Tax Day.

Join the bandwagon!!!

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

BYH, whatever the Mets did to earn your hatred must have been very, very bad. I'm sure this won't spoil your buzz, but El Duque pitched five innings with 0 earned runs and 9 Ks tonight. I believe the Mets will still show up.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Keep trying douchebag dickhead.
    And enjoying watching the World Series at Shea, asshole.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

El Duque is one of the best post season pitchers of all time, I am sure he will but whether Glavine and the rest show that remains to be seen.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're sure he will what?

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This might be the best all time Met fan let down - Rope them in for entire season and pull the rug out as soon as post season starts

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Broadway, it's nothing personal. Well, it is, but it's not personal to you. And I'm not normally the type to gloat in the demise of other people's favorite teams. But this is a special case.

Dear Spnited: Go fuck yourself, old man. There is no way there will be a World Series game played in Queens this year. Only a deluded old man would think otherwise. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted