1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. David Carradine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rufino, Jun 4, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Pai Mei taught somebody the five point palm-exploding heart technique.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Death Race 2000 was the first 'R' rated movie I saw (and I was much too young, but we had HBO and the parents were out). RIP, Frankenstein.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I guess that he was finally able to snatch the pebble ...

RIP

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

RIP Kwai Chang Caine. The Carradine name is royalty in Hollywood. He was married five times but had a deep live in relationship with actress Barbara Hershey. They appeared in the movie Box Car Bertha, directed by Matin Scorsese. There is a tremendous love scene in the flick between Hershey and Carradine and they claim that was where their son Free, also known as Tom who is a special effects artist, was conceived.
    Carradine's portrayal of a Shaolin monk in the TV series Kung Fu was comical in that Hollywood thought a WASP could portray an asian. At any rate, he did help promote Kung Fu, which was then at its height in popularity with Bruce Lee still living.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Bruce Lee just woke up in Heaven with a huge erection. He eagerly awaits Carradine's arrival.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yeah. I can see Bruce drop-kicking Carradine through the pearly gates.
    But I understand the two had a good relationship.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Unique dude, had a sense of humor about himself, and he was the best part of Kill Bill. RIP.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Fucking awesome. I bow in your direction.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I gotta get my ass out of bed earlier. When I saw this thread (I heard on the radio he hanged himself) my first thought was "I wonder if it's too soon to post 'Hung-Fu.' I got my answer when I saw PC's post and the following responses.

Good work.

10. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

I actually used to watch "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues" when I was in high school. What an awful show, but it was hilarious to see an older Carradine beat guys up and say "I ... am Caine."

RIP.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Holy Shit, dude.

I bow in your general direction.

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Vincent: So what are you gonna do then?
    Jules: I'll just walk the earth.
    Vincent: Whatcha mean walk the earth?
    Jules: You know, walk the earth, meet people... get into adventures. Like Caine from the "Kung Fu."

RIP, Mr. Carradine.

Draft saved Draft deleted