1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the Day courtesy of Jim Rome

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Foley, May 3, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

People are betting on Vick to flameout. The pressure's on! :)

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Rome is more in touch with his listeners than most newspapers are with their readers. Keep waiting for him to flame out. His radio show's been going on for more than a decade now; you'll be right someday.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I didn't like Rome at first. It took me awhile to get used to him. But after you listen to him for awhile, and you listen to everyone else, you come to appreciate how good he really is. He's like Limbaugh or Stern to me: You don't have to like them, but you have to respect how good they are at what they do.

Now, I love Rome. And the clones. It's so funny when the clones trash somebody, as they did when the recent Jim Lampley domestic abuses charges came out. The clones were waiting for a chance to get at Lampley - any chance - and they were ALL over him instantly. It was hilarious.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

If VIck's a newbie, then I don't think he has a shot. He'll try to hard. I'm rooting for Terrance in Sierra Madre.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yeah, I like Terrance as well. He seems like a good guy. I'm not sure how new Vick is.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I gave Rome way more than the obligatory two weeks they say you should give him. In fact, I gave him nearly two years.

The slang is horrible, the self-hype is tired and eye-roll inducing and the pride with which many of the loosers -- er -- callers have in their so-called takes (which rarely are about anything relevant in the sporting world) is rather pathetic.

Here's one person who is glad he doesn't have to hear Rome (the only sports radio alternative when I was driving to work two years ago) during the morning commute.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

When I didn't like Rome, I really, really disliked him. So I can certainly relate to this sentiment, AA.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

First hour of the smackoff was not that great, sadly

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Terrance in Sierra Madre just kicked ass. But here comes Kaplan Asan (sp?)

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but this is one of the best days in talk-radio every year. I know people that aren't Rome fans that make it a point to tune in for the smack off.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Terrance and Shawnie are my top 2 so far, in that order. Hour 2 is a lot better than hour 1

Draft saved Draft deleted