1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quite a memo from AP DC, RE: hookers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Flying Headbutt, May 30, 2012.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Not your typical newsroom memo:

http://jimromenesko.com/2012/05/30/ap-wants-to-get-prostitutes-away-from-its-dc-bureau/

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Heh heh ... he said "undercover work" ... heh heh ...

This is going to make it more difficult in case politicians ever want to drop by the newsroom, though.

3. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

And still, no story on the legal challenges to the no-prostitute zones?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

No journalists would want a bunch of hookers hanging around, eh?

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Why do you think there's been a "resurgence" outside the AP offices? :D

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Journalists can afford hookers?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The journalists are hookers.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Gotta be cheaper than a wife or girlfriend.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

How are journalists supposed to get laid if they can't readily find hookers outside their office?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Has anyone considered they may have hot tips on the activities of Secret Service agents?

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

All kidding aside, most streetwalkers aren't the Julia Roberts good-girl-who-just-needs-some-guidance model of hooker, and there are usually pimps with guns hanging around. I worked in a place that was near the city's "adult" entertainment strip when those things existed, and it was never a safe feeling to walk to the car after work. Women who worked in our building were always getting hassled by drunks who automatically assumed any female in "that" area was for rent.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

This older guy who used to hang around one of the local golf courses used to regularly take weekend trips to locations where hookers were easily available. He wasn't exactly high on the MENSA recruiting prospects list ... probably rode the short bus to school if you know what I mean. We asked him one day why he did that. He could probably find a wife or girlfriend locally. He said "This way I fuck em, then I don't have to fuck with em."

His picture should be on currency.

Draft saved Draft deleted