1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quincy Carter busted for weed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 15, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As long as he doesn't get a column out of it, it's a very christian thing to do.

2. Yeah, what's the deal with Galloway posting the bond? </seinfeld>

3. Big_Space

Big_Space Member

FWS-T columnist Randy Galloway posts bail for Quincy Carter

FWS-T columnist Randy Galloway posts bail for Quincy Carter

======================

Former QB Carter arrested for marijuana possession

(AP) DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter was arrested Friday on marijuana possession charges at the home of a woman who called police saying Carter had been "throwing things around."

Carter was booked in lieu of $500 bond and was released Friday afternoon, Irving police spokesman David Tull said. His bond was paid by Fort Worth Star-Telegram sports columnist Randy Galloway, who also hosts the sports-talk show "Galloway and Company" on ESPN 103.3 FM in Dallas.

Carter was released by the Cowboys in 2004 amid numerous media reports that he failed a drug test. He was placed in the NFL's substance-abuse program and was later placed in rehab while with the New York Jets.

Tull said a woman called police around 5:30 a.m. and said Carter was being disruptive. Police arrested Carter after finding him in possession of less than two ounces of marijuana, Tull said.

Carter, a second-round draft choice by the Cowboys in 2001, started 31 times for Dallas, including every game the year before he was cut.

Galloway, one of the most prominent sports columnists in North Texas, said he didn't see a conflict of interest in posting the bond since Carter is no longer playing and is a private citizen.

"I've had a lot of fun with Quincy over the years, his problems and everything else," Galloway said. "But it's Christmas and Quincy Carter is in jail and I hate to see that happen. ... For him to be in the position today where he can't post a $500 bond, there's unfortunate problems in his life."

Shaun Dodge, executive producer of "Galloway and Company," said the gesture was genuine. He said the station didn't expect anything from Carter in return and that, as of Friday night, Carter had not contacted the station.

"He had a lot of people that really liked him in his as a Cowboys quarterback," Dodge said. "We hope something like this will make him fly right from here on out."

4. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Re: Hey Whitlock, got bail money?

I would have done it, too, in a heartbeat, even if Carter never acknowledges it.
    First of all, 'tis the season.
    Secondly, he might get something good out of it, column-wise.
    To be in a position to help and not to do it smacks of kicking a guy when he's down, after getting plenty of use out of him when he was up.
    I can't imagine anyone, even the most cynical of us, getting their jollies out of that.

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I happened to think it was a hand up not a hand out. I hope that Quincy Carter makes some better choices in the future but having less than two ounces of marijuana is not that big of a deal.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This gracious gesture is pure Randy. He's a gentleman.

7. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Nice to know those still exist. :)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What does this have to do with Whitlock?

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I'm a little surprised that there aren't more critics on this one. Randy seems like a nice fella, though. Maybe I'll call him if I'm ever in a pinch.

10. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Re: FWS-T columnist Randy Galloway posts bail for Quincy Carter

If a cops reporter had done this, he/she would have gotten fired before they got back to the newsroom.
    Galloway talked to AP, but not to his own paper. Not. nice.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Lesley Visser..........

I love Randy Galloway.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This never left the front page...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/35236/

Draft saved Draft deleted