1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quickie dateline question: State College or U-Park?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hustle, Aug 18, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Football stadium is University Park
    Rec Hall is University Park
    Everything else on campus is University Park
    The Bryce Jordan Center is in State College. The area officially known as campus ends at that intersection of University Drive and Curtin Road.
    The SID folks are based in the Jordan Center and their mailing address is officially State College.

Or you could just go with best place in Pennsylvania

;D

2. McKeesport?

3. donaugust

donaugust Member

How about FOXBORO or FOXBOROUGH, Mass.? What does your paper use?

4. [​IMG][​IMG]

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Survey said?

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

AP changed their spelling of Foxborough a couple of years ago. The stadium was Foxboro though.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

TWO-LANE ROAD LEADING TO THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE--Matt Leinart made his professional football debut, but the Arizona Cardinals still fell to the host New England Patriots Saturday, 30-3, in an NFL preseason game.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow - and i try to convince regular people that folks inside the sports industry really aren't a buncha dorks ... a two-page discussion on datelines. that's great. doesn't do much for my argument, but that's great.

9. yes, Tom, this thread certainly doesn't have the gravitas of threads such as "how much do you spend on clips?" "Creepy voicemail of the year," or "Nice chompers."

Benmont

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And, of course, that's what we always go for ... gravitas.

Unfortunately, sometimes gravitas fails me and I just fall down.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

post office or not, highland park and university park are indeed "officially cities."

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

shot - i'm drinking a gravita with triple sec and a twist of lime at this very second.

Draft saved Draft deleted