1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick rant.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxramblings07, Mar 24, 2008.

1. A co-worker and I are making a weekend trip up to NYC in June to catch a Yankees game to make our once-in-a-lifetime trip to the ballpark before moving across the street to Steinbrenner "More Luxury Boxes" Stadium.

We're going to an Interleague game with the Reds. We leave on the 22nd.

Two days later, Pearl Jam is playing at MSG. The Yankees are on the road. I've never seen Pearl Jam live, and I could have experienced two life-long dreams in one trip.

Brutal. Rant over.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I take it that you can't stay the two extra days?

3. If we had higher-paying jobs, definitely. But the cost for the extra days in that city is nasty.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Stay on Long Island. You'll save a fuckload.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Yeah, Long Island is a great idea. Hell, stay somewhere in North Jersey and you'll be fine. I've found plenty of deals in places around the Meadowlands, Piscataway, etc.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Sleep in Central Park.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just don't stay in Bergen County. It's a real shithole, and chock full of dickheads.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I laughed out loud at that...

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Ask the locals on the street where the best place to sleep is during the summer.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Go.See.Pearl.Jam.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Just found out Peral Jam is in my neck of the woods in June. Might have to check that out.

Draft saved Draft deleted