1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick Help Request

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Guy_Incognito, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Anyone know the best way for me to get 2 tickets to tonights US Open? Don't need good seats. Is it StubHub?

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Storm the gates.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

my guess would be stubhub. or show up and find a scalper.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Whaddya need?

[​IMG]

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Find scalpers outside and shiv them.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

StubHub an epic ripoff operation. Were I you, I'd go to the site, and look for non-professionals
    looking to off extras. Bet you'll score, easily and relatively inexpensively.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No I don't have any Blue Oyster Cult.....

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

what don't you like about stubhub? i just ordered tickets from them and when fedex fucked up the delivery stubhub said it would buy me new ones (which wasn't necessary when i found the fedex package).

9. hiredguy

hiredguy Member

Have you tried the handy www.TicketLiquidator.com ad?

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've been going to the Open for years and there are ALWAYS (well, maybe not for the finals) people trying to get rid of extra tickets up on the boardwalk near the subway and LIRR exits.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Scalper? You call me a scalper? I perform a service, my friends. The service costs money. Now do you want the tickets or not?

12. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I referenced Demoan today when my brother told me he was going to see Earth, Wind & Fire tomorrow night. I told him to keep an eye out for Jefferson.

Draft saved Draft deleted