1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick fantasy advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I pick 5th in about 30 minutes. Assuming LT, LJ, Alexander and Tiki go 1-4, who should I get? Standard scoring, all that.

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I'd take Lamont Jordan or C-Port.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'm narrowing down C-Port, Peyton Manning, Edgerrin or Ronnie Brown. What's C-Port's status for the first couple of weeks?

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Watch where you say that on this board. I took Lamont Jordan and I've been made fun of ever since.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

no QBs this early. never ever ever

6. Take Edgerrin James.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

If by standard scoring you mean 3 points for QB TDs, then ya, take a RB. But if you score 6 points for all TDs, as a lot of leagues do, then Manning's your pick.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

But you also took Lamont Jordan at No. 2 when backs like Tomlinson and Alexander were still on the board.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait, someone took LaMont Jordan when Tomlinson and Alexander were still on the board? MUAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

I'm not a huge Jordan fan. I have him in a keeper salary cap league and I kept him because he's only $5, but I don't think he's a top-tier back.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Steven Jackson is going to blow up this year.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I love my keeper NL league.

I'd love to find an NFL incarnation of it.

Very cool.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh done, I can't think of a more shocking plot twist than the two of us joining a fantasy league together.

Alas, there are no openings in our league. But it's incredibly easy to start a salary cap league (SALARY CAP!!!!). There's less upkeep, for lack of a better term, than in baseball. And it's so much more interesting than a boring ol' serpentine league. If you're 0-6 in a non-keeper league, what keeps you interested? But if you're 0-6 in a keeper you can start to stock up on keepers for the next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted