1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by wvsportswriter, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

You're right...Arkansas in the tournament in 95. For some reason I thought it was a different player.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Does Peterson signing Steve Bono to be the QB of the Chiefs' future count?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Hey, he had that great bootleg against he Cardinals that one time.

4. KP

KP Active Member

For those south of the 49th parallel (45th in northern New England), Ernest Byner 1987 AFC Championship Game against Denver.
    Cleveland still sucks.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Hockey: Steve Smith (sorry, Beef).

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

In sticking with hockey, Marc-Andre Fleury literally giving the Americans gold at the 2004 World Junior Hockey Championship.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2004/01/05/worldjr040105.html

Marc-Andre Fleury came out to clear the puck from a streaking O'Sullivan, but his attempt bounced off defenceman Braydon Coburn and into the Canadian net with 5:12 remaining.

"I scored in my own net today. That doesn't help," a dejected Fleury said.

I remember how pissed I was at that play - after I got over the initial shock, of course.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

He never said this was a story idea, just that he was looking for an analogy. Don't jump to conclusions.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ouch, you're right. I'd forgotten about that one.

But Smith was redeemed over time and ended up with a stellar career. One of the classiest things I ever saw on the ice happened the very next year when the Oilers regained the Cup. After Gretzky received the trophy, the first teammate he handed it off to was Steve Smith.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

And then he played for (and retired with) the Flames.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Leon Lett did have a Thanksgiving game screwup. It was against Miami and he went after a ball on a blocked field goal that would have been dead except he touched it.

11. awriter

awriter Active Member

Yes. But hey, at least Bono enjoyed the restaurants in Kansas City, even if the fans hated him.

But back to the original topic: How about Scott Norwood?

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

How about the fact that it was a freakin' 47-yarder? Yes, a lot at that distance are made, but a lot are missed also. If it was 5-10 yards shorter, yeah, put him on the list, but he doesn't deserve goat horns for that SB miss.

Draft saved Draft deleted