1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by wvsportswriter, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Jersey_Shore

Jersey_Shore New Member

Joe Pisarchik (I'm totally hacking up the spelling of his name)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

And Sunday...and Monday...and Tuesday...and Thursday...and Friday.

(Headbutt spends Wednesday in a coma) :D :D :D

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Called a timeout when Syracuse didn't have any left. 1995 I believe.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Lett didn't really make a mistake in the Super Bowl, though he could have had both hands on the ball. He just got caught from behind by Bebe. Plus, the Cowboys still won the game.

5. Clever username

Beebe. All really fast white NFL receivers must be given their proper due. There are so few.

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Sorry, I knew that didn't look right. One of my favorite plays of all time.

7. Clever username

It's cool. I'm a Bills fan. We have to cling to the past.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

If you're a CFL fan (and you're probably not), there's no bigger goat than Leon McQuay of the Toronto Argonauts in the 1971 Grey Cup.

Calgary was leading 14-11 late in the game but Toronto, led by running back McQuay and QB Joe Theismann, was driving for what would likely have been a championship-winning touchdown. Unfortunately, on a second-and-goal running play, McQuay fumbled the ball on Calgary's six-yard line and the Stampeders recovered it, holding on for the win.

McQuay had been Toronto's MVP all season but his reputation never recovered. The Argos, who hadn't won a Grey Cup since 1952, had to wait until 1983 before their drought finally ended.

9. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Arkansas quarterback Clint Stoerner certainly deserves a mention for his fumble against Tennessee in 1998. He should be on Fulmer's Christmas card list.

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Scrap the idea and think of something else. It's a pretty trite story idea. Especially if you're comparing between several sports. (My gut says you're thinking college football, so a baseball metaphor is going to fall flat.)

11. rgd

rgd Guest

Golfer Jean Van de Velde.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

MVP of UT's national championship team.

How about Wrong Way Reigels?

Draft saved Draft deleted