1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for the girls

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jul 10, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I have one shock of gray, but that's not really why I color my hair (obviously, as my roots are roughly five inches long).

I do it because I get bored. And when I get bored, the hair is the most drastic change. So I'll cut four inches off and go red. Or take two inches off and go caramel brown with blonder highlights. Red works on me because I'm pale-ish and have some freckles.

I just do it to change things up, and to rejuvenate myself when I get in a rut. Sometimes I ask for my boyfriend's input (Which color do you think I should get?) sometimes I don't.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm the same way, IJAG. I need a haircut now because I wear my hair up every day. I know Doc doesn't want me to go super short, and I won't, but it definitely needs layers and shaping.

3. boots

boots New Member

I'm not a girl and this is not meant as a crack, but of late, I prefer girls with extremely short hair. I've gone out with a couple of bald ones and have been turned on by their sensuality and sexuality.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

JDV is a guy, but no one is judging.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I have one or two strands if I let my colour grow out but nobody but me can see them. I'm kind of proud of them but JR won't even acknowledge their existence. :-\

I coloured my hair for other reasons. As I was finishing my undergrad I did my first lead role and they put a red wig on me. Looked great, makes blue eyes bluer and as a darkish blonde it suited my colouring and looked natural.

Just after that I turned 29 and packed up for Montreal to do my Masters. It felt so liberating to be almost 30 and getting to start over in a new place where nobody knew me or the stupid shit I did in my teens and 20s that I decided I would reinvent myself, starting with my hair colour.

Haven't looked back since. :D

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That is funny.

And I know I for one don't base my hair decisions on what boots finds hot.

7. boots

boots New Member

I made a statement about the original post. I assume that sportschick is just that, a chick.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

**pullin up a chair, got a bag of potato chips, a full cooler and just gonna watch for a while**

9. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

me too.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He's not talking drapes, or carpet. He's talking back porch.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You mean like astroturfing the ba.... oh...
    ** sits back in the chair, reaches in the cooler for a ice-cold Coke***

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And have a nice Hensley Muelens Day.

Draft saved Draft deleted