1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for the girls

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jul 10, 2007.

1. I haven't dyed my hair in almost 20 years. I tried going with a "dark violet" and all I got was super intense auburn highlights.

The ex-Mrs. LSS began dying her hair after our first few dates. I haven't seen her natural color in 18 years. She used to dye it black with this one bleached streak that she dyed vaious colors. Eventually that one streak would not bleach anymore so now she has all black hair. Yes, I was once married to the queen of the spider farmers.

You should be fine as long as you don't go with any crazy colors. Bleaching is much harsher than coloring your hair.

By the way...nice Alex Ross avatar!

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nah, you are an idiot if you don't notice a girl changing their hair color. I am not big into hair color for the girls I date, but I notice if they change it. There is no way a guy doesn't notice the hair color changing. They may not say so, for whatever reason, but guys notice these things - or at least the smart, non douchebag ones do.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Quite correct. Like paint on finger- and toenails, I think the whole hair-coloring thing is one of those things women do specifically to impress each other.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My experience has been that you better notice any and all hair changes.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I now feel like less of a man for having read this. But I agree with Writing Irish on the parts we like.

And Emmylou has aged quite well, the gray works for her. And aside from the gray hair, still looks pretty young.

6. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

Another question for the girls....

How long does a pedicure take?

The GF is coming in town this weekend and when I talked to her last night she was in a pissy mood. Her pedicure of yesterday morning was ruined by a trip to the gym yesterday afternoon. I've got to go into the office on Friday afternoon so I was thinking I could drop her off at a nail place just down the street for an hour or so while I get some work done.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

This is the healthiest attitude you can have about your appearance. When I'm asked, I say, "Honey, you look lovely. But what matters is that you like how you look."

8. Flash

Flash Guest

I also want the truth when I ask if I my ass looks fat in these jeans. :D

Disclaimer: It's not a question I would ever ask.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Depending on the line of people waiting, an hour is about right.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I interviewed a softball player once and, while she was talking, I tried to count the different colors I could notice in her hair. I got up to 14.
    She also had a very nasty bruise on her face from a softball incident, which was part of the reason I was talking to her. Many colors there, too.

I finally asked: Which has more colors, your face or your hair?

She said the hair was winning but when the bruise was at its worst, the face may have been ahead.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Not a gray hair yet, same as my mom. :D

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I get the odd shine of silver but mostly I do it because my hair has grown darker as I have aged. So I put highlights in to keep me blonde-ish.

Because I just like being a blonde.

Draft saved Draft deleted