1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for our north of the border friends...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by McNuggetsMan, Dec 1, 2008.

1. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Is it possible to watch CP24 for more than five minutes without getting a splitting headache? You've got weather, sports, headlines, calendar, traffic cam, financial news, time, date, temp, and then the actual show/ads up in the top left corner. It makes Fox News look bland.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

McNuggets man,

Are you a nuggnutt?

p.s. those commercials are pure fail.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

FYI, the channel in question exists only in Ontario. I consider it similar to the local cable station's channel out here, except it's much more of a tossed salad from hell.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I watch only for the traffic cams before we hit the road or if something breaks in Toronto. Other than that it is info overload.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Pssst ... Huggy ... what the hell is he talking about?

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

CP24 - channel 24 on your hotel telly.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Check it every morning same as Huggy for traffic and weather.

You have to have six sets of eyeballs and two brains to process all the information.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I had to refrain from giggling like a 13-year-old boy at the crudeness "nuggnutt" makes me think of the first time I saw that commercial ... of course, I was with the gf's family at the time.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ron Nuggnutt was good with the Senators. Then he let that Primeaux goal by and was never the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted