1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Food Writers and Foodies

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Sep 10, 2015.

1. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it isn't a phenomenon. I am saying it probably will have more longevity than you seem to be giving credit. And it's not just limited to millennials -- it's a huge market for the more affluent Gen-X.

Sure, many millennials are heavy into foodie culture. Food is an easily accessible, everyday thing ... which means they can influence their children while simultaneously being influenced by the generation that came before them. It's not as esoteric as some other interests -- it easily can become ingrained into the way people actually live. There's much more awareness about, and interest in, food quality and preparation among average folks than ever before.

Trends come and go ... yes. But there's enough indication that this is more than a fad or a fashionable thing to do at the moment. All I originally suggested is that this interest hasn't topped out -- and probably won't in the immediate future.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Playing in San Francisco for a few hours today. Any good food suggestions? Sushi?

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Burrito, no?

4. Songbird

NorCal Mexican sucks.

5. Songbird

Let me revise. Doesn't suck. But it doesn't come close to the Mexican I grew up with in L.A.

6. JackReacher

Fair enough. I got nothing else.

Songbird likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. JackReacher

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

We ate at a place called Pacific Catch that was utterly fantastic. Not exactly sushi, but lots of raw fish and other delicious things.

Mission Chinese Food in the Mission District comes with a two thumbs up, five star review from me as well. Get the lamb ribs, will change your life.

Draft saved Draft deleted