1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about the whole calling things in thing

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SkiptomyLou, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I can't believe you guys are falling for this one.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This is where I rely on and trust the coaches. Sports I've watched my whole life, like baseball, football and basketball, I can keep the basics, but volleyball just goes too quick to keep everything, and there's a lot of stats I'm not familar with, so I concentrate on the action but, like in anything else, I'm looking for story angles.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Crossed Sock Puppets of Death.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm new to the business and wondering how I can write for ESPN.com. I hate writing and talking to people, but think getting into games for free would be cool, plus I can bring a date. (It beats paying for dinner and a movie).

I just graduated from DeVry with an associates in computer repair, but think Sports Writing is better than working at Best Buy. What are my chances? I have a blog and am a contributor at Bleacher Report with five articles already in only a year.

By the way, when people ask for clips, do you mean paper clips? I have plenty of those. By the way, how do I make a PDF.

Anyway, I'm free to work for anyone. Of course, I won't work for anything less than $75,000 a year.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What's a newspaper?

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't think this the same Lou.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Most college freshmen use the phrase "Skip to My Lou." It's trending on Twitter.

8. beanpole

beanpole Member

What are these "subscribers" of which you speak?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, there was Rafer Alston. Would have been big when this "kid" was in middle school.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This may very well be a sock puppet but most folks seem to have no idea how we get information from games and assume that we have someone at hundreds of events each week.

Also, not many people outside the industry know what agate is.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What's "what"?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's what.

Draft saved Draft deleted