1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Philly cheesesteaks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jul 29, 2008.

1. part-timer

part-timer Member

2. deadliner

deadliner Member

There are only two places to get a Philadelphia cheesesteak. Philly and South Jersey. OK, maybe three. Maybe Delaware. Northern Delaware.

3. part-timer

part-timer Member

Got a favorite place?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

i live about 25 minutes east of philly right on the delaware. have yet to eat a good philly cheesesteak.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

So true, deadliner. I think it's one of the great culinary mysteries. It's as if there were only one city in America where you could get a decent cheeseburger. Makes no sense.

6. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

I feel the same way about Chicago stuffed pizza, WT. How has that concept not spread across America?

7. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

Like a real bagel. Boiled. "water" bagels. NOT steamed franchise bagels. Even in NY the real bagel is going the way of the buffalo.

8. dargan

dargan Active Member

Steak 'N Shake is evil.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

We could have been friends, dargan. We could have.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Mmmm ... Giordano's

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Philly cheese steak is overrated.

Everytime I visit I stop at one of three places in town for a steak wit wiz, but I still prefer provolone.

There's a great place up here in New Hampshire that serves great cheese steaks. I prefer Cahill's Super Subs to anything Philly has to offer.

12. astronomychal

astronomychal New Member

My personal favorite when I lived in the area was Leo's on Chester Pike in Delaware County. Relative to center-city, it's roughly equivalent to driving to the airport.

Pat's and Geno's are legendary, but I'll take a Leo's steak over either any day (mostly because of the ability to walk up to the counter, have your sandwich cooked fresh, and walk out 5 minutes later without spending a half-hour in a line).  I used to live about 5 minutes away from Leo's, and I can honestly say that I was never disappointed with any of their sandwiches.

http://www.bestcheesesteaks.com/cheesesteaks/pa.htm
    (Read the first few testimonials)

Draft saved Draft deleted