1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about ESPN and Jets camp

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Aug 3, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

ESPN has made a big point about the access the Jets have given them to their practices (Sal Paolantonio has suddenly become a 12-year-old boy) and so they've had a live spot on SportsCenter every day for two weeks or so. And, by "live spot," I mean 12-15 minutes of every hour.

My question is: Have other NFL teams denied ESPN this kind of access (and so far, the access has largely consisted of Sal standing within the lines and saying "Rex has allowed me stand on the field even if you can't see anything behind me because of the fog") or are they just going nuts because they found Cortland, N.Y., and Tim Tebow happens to be there?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't know how much access they have but they've had a crew and set at Broncos' camp too.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous, but so are a lot of things ESPN does these days.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Tebow is their new Favre.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Damn. I was looking forward to ESPN covering Farve's high school's games.

6. gloves28

gloves28 New Member

They have made so much about these camps. I don't know about you, but I could care less that Sanchez and Tebow each had bad days in 7-on-7.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

These days?

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Truer words never spoken.

9. turski7

turski7 Member

Who becomes Tebow's Madden-like broadcasting partner? No Skip Bayless talking-heads, but an actual person who calls the games and trips over himself every time Tebow steps on the field.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Thom Brennaman's already in that camp.

11. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

AMEN!!!

This is nothing new. Every time Tebow gets out of bed to take his first piss of the day, we're going to hear all about it with angels singing and trumpets blaring. It's the same with little Danica-poo, Dale Jr., Tiger, Kobe, LeBron, Favre, Beckham (have all the food groups - I mean sports - been represented yet?) The kids run the candy store at ESPN. They're in love with Tim Tebow and have decided the rest of us are supposed to as well.

I recall after Michael Jackson died, the shithole TV Guide Channel that came with my local cable carrier had nothing but Michael Jackson anonymous source-driven spec, scandals and whatnot for the next six months. Then one day, I joked to my wife that Michael Jackson didn't really die until Tiger Woods got his window bashed in by a golf club. "Mike Jackson dies" stories died suddenly when Tiger crashed his ride.

12. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

On topics like these, I'll come back to the same thing: There is obviously an audience for this nonsense, and ESPN is only adhering to that audience. Until morons stop following Tebow's every move and until the New York tabloids stop doing the same, ESPN almost HAS to do this. At least they're at Broncos camp as well, and the NFL 32 show isn't shabby either.

Draft saved Draft deleted