1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Queen Plans New Album

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

1). I bought the NKOTB album when I was eight, dickhead. :D

2). While I'll probably see them live, there's no way I'm changing my sidesaddle.

2. I think Rodgers is a hell of a singer. But this ain't Queen.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If Rodgers wanted to reform Free, a band that was much more than just All Right Now, I'd be tepidly on board.

This? Not so much.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

night at the opera was the first album i owned. been a big queen fan since grade school.

but fred is dead for god's sake. i see no reason not to give this a try.

just my opinion; i could be wrong.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

They had a couple of good tunes on the Highlander soundtrack.

But yeah, other than that, utter pablum, like everything Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones have put out in the last 15 years.

What was that single? "headlong." Ugh.

6. Queen without Mercury?

Shaddup.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Sorry, but if it's not Mercury/May/Deacon/Taylor, then it's Queen*.

There can be only one.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Brian May is an underrated vocalist. Most of the background harmonies are as a result of him; he sang lead on several Queen album tracks, including "Sail Away Sweet Sister," and he had a big European solo hit with "Driven By You."

Roger Taylor also sang background vocals and don't forget he also sang "I'm In Love With My Car" and one track on "The Game" which escapes my memory right now.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Brian May doing lead vocals for Queen is probably on the order of Keith Richards singing lead vocals on Rolling Stones tracks. It happens occasionally, but Mick Jagger on vocals is synonymous with The Rolling Stones.

By the same line of thought, Nancy Wilson sang lead vocals on some of Heart's songs, but Ann Wilson is the more recognized vocalist.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Didn't Roger Taylor do a version of Springsteen's "Racing In The Street"?

11. Kind of off topic, but does anybody remember the TV Western that aired in the late 1980s/early 1990s that used "Bad Company" as its theme song?

Never mind ... the Young Riders ... 1989-1992 on ABC ... Steven Baldwin, Josh Brolin

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Agreed, though I have to admit "Before They Make Me Run" is one of my all-time favorite Stones songs.

"Don't Try Suicide"?

Interesting bit of trivia about Queen: I read somewhere that they were the only successful rock band other than the Beatles where every member wrote a Top 40 song.

John Deacon wrote "Another One Bites the Dust" and "You're My Best Friend."
    Roger Taylor wrote "Radio Ga-Ga" and "I Want to Break Free."
    Brian May wrote "We Will Rock You" and "Fat Bottomed Girls."
    And, of course, Freddie Mercury wrote just about everything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted