1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qdoba, Moe's or Chipotle

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bagelchick, Dec 28, 2006.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Haven't been. Some place I should check out?

2. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

well, it was distinct and fantastic when i lived there. yucatan-influenced. not for all tastes, but definitely yummy.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Never eaten at any of these three joints. I guess I'm not as worldly as I thought.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The beauty of Taco Cabana is, IT'S OPEN 24-7 (at least drivethru).

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Moe's is just around the block from me. We ate there once, and I swore that I'd never return. The food was cold and tasteless. I said the same thing about Chipotle. These places suck. I'd rather make my own. At least I know that mine hasn't been sitting in vats all day.

I can't imagine why people would go to these joints when there are actual Mexican restaurants in most cities. But I've been through a few drunken Mexican phases. In college, it was La Bamba, home of the Burrito As Big As Your Head. Those were delicious, but you had to know what toppings to use.

I really prefer subs, particularly Firehouse Subs, as I've mentioned before. They have an Italian sub that rocks. If you folks like those quick meals at the Mexican burrito places, though, I might give them another try. Do you know whether any of them serve chorizo?

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Even chains that start out OK go right down the toilet after a while. Witness El Pollo Loco. Great when the menu consisted of chicken, salsa, tortillas, beans. A few years ago I saw them make macaroni and cheese. Which consisted of opening a large plastic bag and dumping the glop into a vat to warm up. Might as well open a can of Franco-American.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

El Pollo Loco is making a move into this area now. There's one at Foxwoods and they're opening a few in the Boston area.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Too bad. They suck now.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

El Pollo Loco and Taco Cabana are owned by Carroll's Corp, out of Syracuse, NY and known as the largest Burger King franchisee in the U.S.
    Now you know why they've gone downhill.
    When I was in So. Fla. last fall, I went to EPL, and the chicken was dry, the rice sticky, ugh!
    Can't even imagine how bad TC is.
    I do like Chipotle, I know there are better mom-and-pop places, but Chipotle is decent.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If I were planning on leaving my apartment today, I might go to Chipotle. Mmmmm.

11. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

TC got its start in a converted gas station in san antonio. man, it used to be fantastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted