1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qdoba is the opiate of the masses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jan 2, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

You poor, poor girl. :D

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I Goggled them and there is only one in Houston. And I don't get into Houston very often. Chipotle is less than a mile away.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I will not say anything bad about Qdoba for fear of being reported to the Qdoba secret police.

If I had a complaint it's that a few of the food preparers are a little light with the ladle. I want you to suffer when you try to wrap that burrito, dammit!

Oh, and regarding Moe's: My kids -- who would eat gum off the sidewalk -- refuse to go to Moe's.

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I agree. I can't remember the last time I opted for a non-queso burrito. I'm fairly fond of their nachos, too.

5. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Chipotle is almost like McDonald's or Starbucks in Houston. They are everywhere.

I think that's part of the backlash I hear from Houstonians that proclaim to like Freebirds more. To me, Chipotle is much better.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I consulted my resident expert that has been to both Qdoba and Chipotle and she says that they both suck compared to Freebirds and she refuses to eat at either one.

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

They do the same thing at Panchero's, which is drunk-food perfection at 2 a.m. in small college-town pockets of flyover country. And Panchero's also offers queso, prepares your fresh tortilla on a tortilla press after you order, and offers a steak-chicken combo on the menu.

All that said, I think Chipotle is much better than Qdoba.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Chokes me up every time.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Qdoba is fine, I'll eat there. But not if there's also a Chipotle nearby. Chipotle's ingredients are just a higher quality in every way.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The one time I went to Qdoba was when I was actively on Weight Watchers. I ordered some very basic chicken or pork tacos - no cheese, no sour cream. When I would get something similar at Baja Fresh, it would end up being about 12 WW points. When I was able to get to a computer, I looked up the nutrition info on what I got at Qdoba and it was 31 WW points - far more than my allotment of points for an entire day. They must cook their food in lard.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I eat at both semi-regularly -- have a Qdoba near work and a Chipotle near home.

Some people are dramatically overstating the differences. Chipotle's chicken is a bit spicier. Qdoba has queso. I don't think Qdoba has pork. That's about it. Any quality difference is negligible or regionalized. They're damn close to identical.

And while Chipotle used to be owned by McDonald's, Qdoba was and is owned by Jack in the Box. (Baja Fresh, a nasty, fake Mexican food competitor, used to be owned by Wendy's.)

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't know what Baja Fresh uses, but a tortilla alone on WW is like 12 points.

Draft saved Draft deleted