1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Punk perpetrators need to be flogged

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SockPuppet, Oct 25, 2010.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

An ESPNU reporter busted up her hotel room because of this prank http://deadspin.com/5672804/.

I've heard other instances where these suck ass frat boy pricks get their rocks off by getting people to drink their own urine and bust out hotel room windows. I sincerely hope the perps contract cancer, AIDS, syphillis, leporosy, spend 30 years in prison getting cornholed and then burn in hell.

This shit ain't funny.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Is it real?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can't listen to that. I have heard of this crap before. I agree with sockpuppet.

Assholes.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

But how stupid do you have to be to fall for this kind of shit?
    The perps might be scumbags but she's a fucking moron, too.

5. She is one of many, many people who have fallen for pranks just like that. Read the background from The Smoking Gun. I'd like to think I wouldn't, but I think in high-stress situations we are conditioned to listen to people who speak with an air of authority.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Again, is the recording real or is it just a fake?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Especially when she was woken up by the phone. It's not like she was sitting around in full-alert mode, just waiting for the phone to ring.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

By the way, if you intend to listen to the audio, be warned that four very loud F and N bombs are dropped in the first 10 seconds or so. It's unpleasant to say the least and could be downright disastrous depending on who's sitting near you in your office.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I've seen a few documentaries explaining this sort of phenomenon. Wish I remember what the technical term for it was, but I find it absolutely fascinating.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I read the thread title and thought I entered a circa-1987 rap feud.

11. kmayhugh

kmayhugh Member

Is that Pranknet? They were in the news awhile back for a few of them getting caught. There was a big series of articles investigating them, with the conclusion that they were mostly society's dregs who did everything they could to hide from any attention to their real personas.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You wouldn't believe some of the crap they get people to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted