1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pujols or soriano?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by IGotQuestions, Mar 6, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except for the fact that he had his worst seasons in an even better hitter's park in Texas.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

In my draft yesterday the first guy picked Pujols. The second guy picked ... A-Rod. Soriano was third. Jose Reyes somehow lasted until seventh. My team sucks.

3. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

So in this draft, I took Pujols. ... And the top eight catchers were gone after 7 rounds of a 26-round draft. lmao. I waited til the 21 and 23 rounds to get Estrada and Josh Bard.

And to top it all off, afterward, I traded away Jake Peavy and Andruw Jones (my 2nd and 3rd picks coming back off the snake) for Vladimir Guerrero and Dave Bush! Guerrero will get me same stats as Jones, with a better batting average and more steals.

And my pitching staff still rocks, I think. (Arroyo, Harang, J. Becket, Dave Bush, Javier Vazquez, BJ Ryan, Mike Gonzalez, T. Saito and Scot Shields as my every day low ERA, strikeout-per-inning stud).

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nice job on the catcher strategy. The trade isn't bad. Guerrero's health bothers me, mostly because Jones is more durable, but Peavy can't stay healthy, either. Bush won't match Peavy, but he's got some nice upside.

5. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

that's the only thing that bothers me - Guerrero's health. but i didn't like jones' batting average. ...

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Soriano will have a horrible year. This is nearly a lock.

Everyone forget who he signed with???

.259 avg, .310 obp, 22 HR, 70 RBI ... and thousands of broken hearts.

Draft saved Draft deleted