1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Public Relations Coordinator, Boston Bruins

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Here's the link, Boston fans:

http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=19359

And here's the NHL jobs board for Communications-related openings. There's a few jobs here:

http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com/teamwork/jobs/jobs.cfm/Communications?supcat=214

2. bp6316

bp6316 Member

A note from the Detroit position:

"While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to sit. The colleague frequently is required to talk or hear. The colleague is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The colleague must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I can only lift 24 pounds. I am so fucked.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The Bruins are pretty dysfunctional, but they've always done a good job of community outreach (or at least conveying that message to the public). However, whoever takes this position will have a lot of work to do, trying to garner publicity in a town where the Bruins are the No. 4 team -- and the difference between No. 3 and No. 4 has never been larger.

5. bp6316

bp6316 Member

A coworker noted that he was curious about the jobs that DIDN'T require these skills.

6. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Does the new guy have to convince people that Jeremy Jacobs actually gives a shit about the team and contending for a cup or is it merely an outlet to continue to sell Orr and Neely sweaters?
    BTW, I could so go for a Derek Sanderson 16 sweater. That would be sweet. Time to hit eBay.

7. Is the first order of business to do something about getting off this list?

http://www.comcast.net/sports/forgottenteams/slideshow/view/6/

8. jimmydangles

jimmydangles Member

Anyone who wants info on this, I might be able to help. Send PM.

9. Sam Craig

Sam Craig Member

Too true. It's really hard to believe that back in the 1970s, the Bruins were No. 2 and closer to No. 1 than No. 3. In fact, during the Bobby Orr days, it was pretty close to the Red Sox being 1A and the Bruins being 1B.

Although if the Bruins can build on last season, they could be on the upswing.

10. Has Heidi left the B's?

11. expectingrain

expectingrain New Member

In addition to using my hands to "finger, handle or feel," I can also use them to grope AND spank.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Not sure. She was essentially demoted a couple of years ago, when Matt Chmura took over as media relations head. But this position seems to be more of a community relations job -- touting the team's charity work and off-ice stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted