1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PSU/Freeh Report

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Works for me.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Penn State has to rid everything even related to Paterno on that campus.

Name on library....statue.....everything.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I give up, too. It's baffling why Paterno didn't realize there was only one way to go on something that horrible. But I'll reserve my hate for Sandusky.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Seeing the lengths they went to cover this up raises the obvious question -- was Sandusky the only person committing these acts?

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Once again, I am completely sick to my stomach.

So many victims. So many people who could have acted. And none who did.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Bad publicity. Think about that for 10 seconds. That's what drove every action in the cover up. It wasn't about confusion or chain of command or a lack of facts. In the end, the school wanted to avoid potential embarrassment. Protecting a the myth of integrity mattered more than actual integrity. It's just so fucking sad.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

This report is sour to me because it places a lot of blame on Paterno and he's not here to defend himself. I don't believe Joe Pa was totally ignorant of what was going on with Sandusky. I believe he may have been hoping against hope that none of it was true. That inaction was his downfall, IMO.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It takes a special set of circumstances to make me look back on the Al Groh era at Virginia with fondness. This is one such occasion.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

You can't erase what Joe Paterno did at PSU. He screwed up at the end but if there wasn't a Joe Pa, PSU would not have evolved to what it is today.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

<ducking>

11. sprtswrtr10

sprtswrtr10 Member

I'm watching Millen right now.
    I have sympathy for him because he's not ready for this.
    He can't summon the outrage he should be feeling because he can't process it.
    Consider it the continued ripples of the cover-up.

I lot of people — those who want to believe in Paterno — will be saying something different in two weeks, a montn, six months, than they're saying now.

Millen: "He made a mistake."
    Not: "He ruined lives and families."
    Not: "He was an accessory to the rape of minors."

It's pretty breathtaking to watch people come to terms with this in real time.
    In some cases, like Millen's, watching the way they view the world become crushed before our eyes.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's just bullshit -- and an asshole thing to say all over again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.