1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PSU/Freeh Report

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

“Our most saddening and sobering finding is the total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky’s child victims,” said Louis J. Freeh, the former federal judge and director of the F.B.I. who oversaw the investigation. “The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimized.”

www.nytimes.com/2012/07/13/sports/ncaafootball/13pennstate.html?hp

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In a moment, the results of that trial . . .

DUM-da-DUM-DUM

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Paterno, through his family, insisted after Sandusky’s arrest that he never knew anything about the 1998 case. But Freeh’s report asserts that Paterno not only knew of the investigation, but followed it closely."

Damn.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The entire report is available as a .pdf at CNN.com.

5. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Here's the press release:

http://www.thefreehreportonpsu.com/Press_Release_07_12_12.pdf

The link in the press release to the full report won't work for me. The CNN link worked.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Can't take a good look at the actual report on my phone, but will be interesting to see if it uncovered any new, ya know, actual facts. News reports so far are just excerpts stating what any idiot already knows.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well blow out my candle, JoePa was a pedophile defender. I'm shocked to just now discover this. #PedophileStateUniversity.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

http://thefreehreportonpsu.com/

Here's a link to the actual report. It's a couple hundred pages long, so haven't had a chance to read it, but from a quick scan it appears the alleged emails are included in the exhibits in the end.

9. I have to confess that I keep picturing the highlights of the investigation being sung by the FreehReport.com band (think FreeCreditReport.com commercials). God help me.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The billable hours from an attorney working on "suspected child abuse" in February 2001 makes me want to throw up.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Let's wait until the facts are known.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

They threw a dead man under the bus.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.