1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Protesters are getting better-looking these days

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jul 19, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

However, if these babes showed up in any Middle Eastern Islamic town dressed like this, the stonings would begin

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/wl/080601mideast/im:/060718/ids_photos_ts/r623903017.jpg;_ylt=Aumb8KxVVJn5Wtv3tIfUiS_mWMcF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The stunning silence on this board to this thread, which depicts one wicked piece of irony, is incredible.

As I said, stick these chicks on the Arab street to do anything -- shop, go to the doctor, take the kids to Wahabi school -- let alone protest something, would earn them more than one rock upside the head, and likely a beheading.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Interesting take.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's Hondo.

He's an ignorant hick who looks over his shoulder every morning to make sure some brown person isn't going to kill him and his family.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hondo is imagining them as lesbians.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I was not aware that Lebanon was a strict Muslim theocracy.  I have met many Lebanese people and they were very cultured, worldly people who weren't prone to beheadings.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

HC, do not confuse Hondo with facts. It gives him a headache ::) ;) :D

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

"Facts are stupid things."
    --Ronald Reagan

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I suppose that includes Saudi Arabia, our friend.

Or Afghanistan, the first country we "liberated" (and where you still get beheaded for converting from Islam to Christianity).

Or Iraq, the second country we "liberated" (and which has seen an average of 100 civilian deaths PER DAY this year because of violence).

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Interesting takes...but not one of you has addressed my point: If these young ladies were in almost any town or city where Islam controlled the government and/or social structure, dressed as they are, how long would it take before they were arrested, beaten, stoned, beheaded or any other manner of mayhem? But safely within the confines of New York, with our democratic freedoms protecting them, they can protest the percived atrocities of Israel, then retire to their favorite West Side haunt in time for happy hour and a few mango martinis.

Call me all the names you want. But you can't refute my point.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Unless you're in the part of Lebanon controlled by the Hezbollah---about 40 percent of the country, according to CNN.

Draft saved Draft deleted