1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prostitution Poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Mar 11, 2008.

?

Which most closely matches your experience and opinion?

1. I have used a prostitute.

27 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No, but I know someone who has.

39 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. Haven't, but I would if I had the coin.

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Nah.

108 vote(s)
    53.5%
  5. Would if it became legal.

19 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It's still illegal in Las Vegas, if a little more widespread.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's illegal in Las Vegas like traveling is illegal in the NBA. Violators are flagged once in a blue moon, if that.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if it's the stigma associated with prostitution that I grew up with, or if it's just a natural part of who I am, but I'd rather be alone and beat off (yes, I realize this is the imagery you all wanted) than get with a hooker. It's so impersonal and so bothersome to me that it is actually a major turn-off instead of a turn on. If I don't show up with money, she doesn't want to be there. I want to be with someone who wants to be with me. And this is a romantic ideal, but I also want to be with someone who *I* want to be with, because she is special. I don't care how many diamonds a high-priced hooker rates, she can be hotter than all hell and it's still too impersonal. And once money changes hands, it feels dirty to me. I guess I don't begrudge any man who feels differently, and I certainly don't begrudge any woman who can take a man for thousands of dollars an hour by getting nasty with him -- God bless her, in fact. I've just never wanted to have anything to do with it. I even feel this way about strip clubs, and this makes me into more of a freak than a moralist, but the few times I went to strip clubs--most famously at a good friend's bachelor party--I had weird panic attacks in which I just suddenly felt uncomfortable beyond anything you can imagine, and I couldn't last. Had to leave and get air.

Everyone jump in and call me a pussy, now. :)

And Luggie, You rate 10 diamonds as a woman, but only about one as a hooker.... If you start tricking again, I will slap you silly. What's sad is that you don't even need the money. I know you like the hot pants and all, but that is no reason to be out the corner selling yourself.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How many are you worth? :D

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If it was legal, I was single and I was rich as anything, then yes.

But...
    no
    no
    no

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I see six votes that have been with a prostitute. Any of you want to share the story?

By the way, my vote was no, but I know somebody who has. He swears by it. Says he has had some amazing experiences. I told him I'd have to take his word for it.

7. Let's just say it was the best birthday present my Dad ever got me.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What happens during a Navy port call stays there.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And it's why you're called Fudgie the Whale.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Isn't it legal in Canada? And frankly, don't we all pay for sex in one way or another?

11. I could never do a prostitute. I'd be more likely to take her home, clean her up and adopt her than have sex with her.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Are you Richard Gere?

Draft saved Draft deleted