1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prosecutors close Lance Armstrong investigation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

He's from California. So you're right.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Now USADA wants to review the files. It'll be 7 years in July since his last win. Even if you can get video of him shooting up with Johan holding the needle, eight years is as far as you can go back. LET. IT. GO.

and Betsy Andreu ... STFU.

3. Clemens originally from Ohio

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

When does Mizzou show up and mention the story that was killed by SI?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought this was a good take on it all.

http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderreport/2012/02/03/the-judgment-of-lance-armstrong/

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wonder if the yellow bracelets are equal parts bullshit as the Komen pink.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And you are convicting a guy of a crime that one set of investigators or another have been trying to prove for years and failed.

Do I think he is clean? I'm not sure. But I am sick as hell of the "Everybody else around him cheated, so he must have cheated!" line of thought. This is a site for sports journalists. Most of us have worked in that field or still do. You'd think we'd care more about actually being able to back up what we say.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If you are not sure you live in naive land just like you did with steroids and baseball. You know damn well he used, you are not writing a story you are on a message board. OJ Simpson is a murder I am comfortable in sayings his even though he was found not guilty.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I also saw O.J. Simpson try to run away on national TV, among other things. The comparison you just made is ridiculous.

And you still aren't getting my point. You want to convict the guy simply because of what others did, which is exactly the same bullshit reasoning that keeps getting tossed around with steroids in baseball. It is a joke and we should be better than that. Sure, it is just a message board, but my standards as a journalist do spill over a little bit. I guess yours don't.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Well said Stoney.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Armstrong failed a drug test in 1999. So the 'never failed a drug test' thing is incorrect.

Also, this, for those wondering about Livestrong:

www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lance-armstrong/Its-Not-About-the-Lab-Rats.html

12. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I was thinking any number of college football coaches from the 50s, 60s, 70s.

Draft saved Draft deleted