1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proposal ideas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GVLakerGuy, Apr 15, 2008.

1. GVLakerGuy

GVLakerGuy Member

I bought an engagement ring today but I'm stuck on an idea to pop the question. Anybody got any GOOD ideas?

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Make sure she wants to marry you first. Nothing worse than pulling a "surprise" in front of family and friends when she's on the fence.

(And if she does, congrats!)

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Now THAT is some good advice.

4. GVLakerGuy

GVLakerGuy Member

We've already named our first two sons and a daughter. She already has bought a bridal magazine. I'm not too worried about a shoot-down. I just want to do somehting nice and special but I'm not overly creative in this regard.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So don't be. Pick someplace special to the two of you (first date? First kiss? Something.) Go there. Spend time. Tell her what she means to you. Ask.

Don't overdo it. Don't cheese it up. Just tell her all the things you want her to know about how you feel. Guys don't do that enough. Just talk to her like she's your best friend, which I'm assuming she is.

That's the shit that matters.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

How about an electronic message on a blimp? Seems to always work in sitcoms.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Yeah, don't.

Just out of curiosity, did you pay a month's salary or three month's?

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Not asking out of disrespect, but how old are you? How old is she?

9. GVLakerGuy

GVLakerGuy Member

That's not bad but we've since moved about 1,200 miles from where we had our first date. So that's probably out. But thanks.

She is my best friend, however.

10. GVLakerGuy

GVLakerGuy Member

She's 26, I'm 24. Yes, I like the older women.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

You a writer? If so, try writing something for her to go along with the proposal. Of course, if you do that, make sure and run the spell check.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And if she says no, sing that uplifting lyric in ijag's sig :)

Draft saved Draft deleted