1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof is in the pudding, JR: Toronto SUCKS!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Muahahahahahahahaha, it's on like Donkey Kong ...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2007/12/12/most-beautiful.html

A new study says Calgary's red-hot economy has made it the most attractive city in Canada.

Toronto and Vancouver follow in second and third places, according to the Conference Board of Canada's first-ever ranking of cities with a population of more than 100,000.

It's based on such factors as the economy, health, society, housing, environment, innovation and education.

In addition to leading all 27 Canadian cities surveyed, Calgary also holds its own when compared with 27 major cities in the U.S. — sitting third overall behind Washington and Austin, Texas.

Mario Lefebvre, director of the Conference Board's new Centre for Municipal Studies, said attracting highly skilled workers and the business investment they encourage is crucial to Canada's economic competitiveness in the decades ahead. He said the paradigm of "people go where the jobs are" is changing to "businesses go where people with skills and talent want to live."

Overall, the results show that size matters. Five of the top six spots belong to big cities, with Toronto and Vancouver followed by Edmonton, Victoria and Ottawa-Gatineau. But Montreal, in 14th, has a lot of catching up to do.
    © The Canadian Press, 2007

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I love that when it leads to trash-talking, second place means Toronto sucks!

I vote for Halifax.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

For starters, not a great welcome at the Pearson International Airport ::)

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The most attractive city in Canada? Is that like being the hottest chick in the AV Club? ;D

5. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

While residents of the best city in Canada - the tdot!! - know that Toronto is not the center of the universe, we also know that it is the center of your universe.

Yours in trust

Alan Tdot Esq.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

This will not end well, eh?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You know, I read that piece and thought, "Well, I'm sure my friend Flash is gonna post that".

Of course, she's not a real westerner. She's just one of those bluenosers who got sick and tired of living off welfare in the Maritimes.

Nobody in Toronto would hire her, so she went to Cowboyland. :)

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

A hearty Fuck you from the West :)

9. Flash

Flash Guest

EI, not welfare, doll. EI.

And I have NEVER applied for a job in Ontario. OK, there was that one time I sent my resume to Sioux Lookout and they called with an offer. But I went with Newfoundland instead.

Much love, JR. :D

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah ... what he said ... and might I add, SO THERE.

Nanner nanner nanner ...

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You never applied for a job in Ontario? Huh?

I figured you would have died for the chance to shack up with Al Strachan.

Love back, Flash. :)

12. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

Nothing galvanizes this country as much as the shared distaste for the wonderful city of Toronto.
    And Hockey. Lets not forget Hockey.

(Well, nothing except for the next inevitable referendum in Quebec ... .)

Draft saved Draft deleted