1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prominent D.C. swim coach/teen sex accusation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe metsy was employing hyperbole.

If swimming was banned, everyone who jumped into a lake to cool off would drown.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

When is USA Swimming getting the Death Penalty?

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The drowning penalty?

4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Just ban the summer club circuit. The kids can still swim for their high school team as long as they play at least one other sport and their parents never call the local newspaper

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Awesome that the clown on the Board had to reverse himself.

This club is near me and I was glad to see the club's swim chairperson who I know called the board out and told it like it is.

To pick a principal over the victim/survivor is troubling.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Update: Curl banned for life.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/apnewsbreak-prominent-swim-coach-rick-curl-banned-for-life-over-improper-relationship/2012/09/19/530aa300-0269-11e2-9132-f2750cd65f97_story.html

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

$150 grand to not go to the cops? That's troubling on so many levels... particularly when Currin talks about how "We were given terrible legal advice." Could a seventeen-year-old really have made a decision about this?

8. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

The club in that CC Times story got what it deserved, ironically what it was trying to avoid - bad publicity.

Draft saved Draft deleted